Cool and realistic indeed, however, I do have a miner concern about similar sounds getting confused if they were on the same side, if for instance angela ends up in a sword fight or gun battle with another enemy. With the weapons in the positions they are, you can always be certain which are yours and which belong to enemies, and this would save giving an enemy's sword or gun a completely different sound.

i only say this sinse I suspect more sword fights (not the least against athena herself), are forthcoming further down, and certainly in the Tomb raider series Lara had some human competition to deal with as well as the creatures in the various temples, so it wouldn't surprise me if Dr. Carter ends up with the same in a future installment of the series, ---- or maybe even in Mota if there is an unexpected plot twist.

Beware the Grue!

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2010 7:56 AM
Subject: [Audyssey] Panning Weapon Sounds in MOTA

Hi everyone,
Recently I've been thinking about the question of panning Angela's
weapons left/right when she turns to face that direction, or weather I
should just leave them centered as is the current case. The reason I
ask this is in most sighted side-scrollers you can see the main
character facing left or right, and when the character fires his/her
weapon you can see the shot moving from left to right or from right to
left. I thought it might be cool, although not necessary, to try and
emulate this behavior through audio. What do you guys think?

Cheers!