Hi Dark,

Your second assumption is that which I am proposing. It would in my books be unfair to make people pay even more for the same thing, just because they're starting out. So if you purchase two single product licenses for 300, you can then upgrade to the unlimited version of pro for another 550 (making 850 all in total).

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall
To: <phi...@blastbay.com>; "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2010 7:47 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] The price of BGT Pro

I can see the logic in this decision, however the one thing I'm not sure of
is the way it would work in terms of the creative process.

Look at all the times games have chan ged their nature in developement, or
some elements from one game have been reused in another. Take Sarah for
instance, which according to Phil basically started as a glorified packman
mod with harry potter ghosts.

Pluss there is then the investment issue, if you buy pro later, that 150 usd
you've already paid for a single game license is pretty much wasted, and in
fact you've paid 950 dollars for 800 dollars worth of licensing.

This effectively means first time developers of games are simply adding to
the price.

As I aid on audiogames.net, I stil am in favour of an installments type of
process, where by people paid a certain amount of license fee for a certain
amount of time up to the full amount.

Of course, if this 150 usd per game is ten taken off the full price, ---- so
you pay 150 usd to develope your first bgt game and then have only another
650 usd to pay later, ---- that is another story and wouldd I think be a far
more reasonable option.

Beware the grue!

Dark.