I am supprised the game worked on my box at all in that case as I have been using 2005 packages.
entombed did not complain and I never thought about it.
I have installed 2008 and 2010 updates now though, these were on all systems bar 2010 obviously it is now but you would have thought ms would inigially install things.
I have the entire set of libs for 32bit systems and they are all loaded.
I had to install one security update on my system but its all good.
I probably didn't need to update all my libs now but its going to save me time later.
Anyway these are just libs.
I usually install loads of extra libs on the systems I maintain because I then can relax. It makes supporting things a lot more easier than having to install a load of extra requirements.

Hi Shaun,
Mysteries of the Ancients beta 13 doesn't even use the .Net Framework.
So that definitely is a non-issue here. All of our recent releases are
written in pure C++, is based on the Windows API,  and use DirectX 8.1
or later. Beyond that nothing else is needed. Any errors therefore has
to be do to out of date Windows libraries for the Windows API.