Hi Shaun,
Yeah, I know. That's an issue I'm working on. Basically, it comes down
to setting the proper min and max attenuation on the sound buffers so
they roll-off more gradual or more rapid. In this case I need to set
the attenuation  factor so the roll-off is more gradual. it is
probably something easy   I can fix once I play with the sound
settings more.

Cheers!