well I decided to play the new version with a friend listening and he reconed he couldn't hear anything till it was right in front of him. I use the v command and the view for pits and spikes but its quite disconcerting. I have no idea what the exit crash was on exit but my friend said it was a directx crash, but did not give me any more info.
naturally after I realised the update was buggy I went back to beta 13
on that note when is the fps version supposed to come out, I realise you have been busy but wasn't this supposed to come out with this beta or a little after beta 13?