well when I move towards a trap or monster I hear it, in my right ear, same with an object.
I usually hear it slowly move towards the centre of the speakers.
it doesn't though it does get louder.
now my view key shows 0 but its still far right.
I jump.
its now far left.
if a monster,  I move towards it to swing my sword at it.
I move to hit it.
it gets lowder and such but does not move to the centre.
it suddenly snaps to the centre then snaps to the far left.
if i got the other way it snaps to the far right.