Nope, jaws API does nto let you do that.
It lets you speak, stop speech, run scripts, but not rate or volume.
Well, you could always change the rate with a script, but meh.

Anyway, since jaws and bgt don't run together, we should at least get
NVDA support, or even c dll support so we can use any dll. heh!