Hi Tom, please see below for my answers.

-----Original Message-----
From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: Saturday, January 08, 2011 2:46 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: [Audyssey] Mouse Support in Games

Hi everyone,

This is a friendly notice to let everyone know what we are up to, and to get
a little feedback from those customers planning to purchase our games. At
the time being we at USA Games are involved in adding multiple input devices
to the Genesis 3D engine for Windows which will include keyboard, mouse, and
joystick support for all of our up and coming Windows titles. For that
reason we have just spent the past week adding and debugging mouse support
which will be available in Mysteries of the Ancients beta 17 once we
finalize that branch of the code. Which brings us to some questions about
your mouse setup and thoughts.

1. As a gamer how important is mouse support to you?
I have found it to be very useful where available.  I had no real experience
using a mouse for anything other than a desk decoration until RailRacer came
along but I will pretty much not play RR without a mouse or trackball.
2. If supported would you consider purchasing a mouse with five or more
buttons for game input?
Well, as others have said frankly probably not at this point due to the
pretty much nonexistant status of mouse support for VI Games.  I'd sooner
spend the money on another ps3 controler or perhaps a gamepad for the pc.
3. What type of mouse device/devices do you currently own? (Such answers may
include: none, touch pad, USB optical mouse, wireless optical mouse, PS2
standard mouse, trackball, etc.)
1. wireless optical mouse.
2. usb two button trackball.
4. How many buttons does your mouse device have? Is it a two button, three
button, five button, or eight button mouse?
3 button on the wireless and two on the trackball.
5. Does your mouse device have a scroll wheel?
Yes the wireless does.
6. What do you think of the following input commands for a side-scroller
like Mysteries of the Ancients?
I'd definitely give this a try.  While I agree with what you and others have
said that yes the keyboard is certainly adequate for a game like MOTA and I
use it just fine, I often find a strictly keyboard interface for an action
game to be kind of clunky and imprecise when compared to using a real
controler, this probably comes from my being spoiled by game console
controlers over the years.  So I tend to prefer that sort of input device.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Sincerely,
Thomas Ward