I would think that you should support all devices that you can. People don't have to use them all, but people who do use them will appreciate the support of the device of their choosing.

---
Laughter is the best medicine, so look around, find a dose and take it to heart. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, January 09, 2011 12:45 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Mouse Support in Games

Hi Dark,

I think we will have to just agree to disagree here. You either aren't
listening or I'm not communicating my point well enough, but you still
haven't understood what I was saying yesterday. So here goes again.

Many people, such as myself, find the mouse smoother and more natural
for input. Instead of holding down a certain button or key I can just
drag the mouse a little left or right, push it forward, etc. This I.E.
is hundreds of times more preferable once you get use to it.
Especially, if you are used to using a mouse for pointing and clicking
on the screen to begin with. I think your problem is related to the
fact since most VI users don't generally use the mouse for pointing
and clicking they find the input clunky, weird, and totally
unnecessary because they can do everything from the keyboard. I simply
disagree with that point of view because I was once sighted and used
the mouse a lot of the time before having to learn keyboard commands.
Therefore my perspective is totally different from yours, and probably
from many VI users as well.

Bottom line, though, why someone might want to use a mouse doesn't
really matter. I'm providing that support for those people who want to
use it. Rather than just giving people keyboard support and stating
"that's all" I am providing alternative input devices like mice,
joysticks, and game pads too. It is up to you, the customer, to decide
what you like and do not like to use. I really have no control over
that. I merely make those possibilities possible which makes perfect
sense from a business point of view.

Cheers!