thats true.
However if anything can be salvaged from this although the games are not tom's ideas it should enable tom to show off what spin he can put on stuff in general.
I support him as allways but I can understand other user standpoint.
I am having issue with a new reader upgrade and I am almost at wits end if I hadn't got training to solve issues I'd probably be swearing at someone about now.
At 12:27 a.m. 21/01/2011, you wrote:
<smile>

People that complain while it's being developed may be a bit frustrating/irritating, but it's more important that when you finally do release what you consider as a final version, that noone can then really complain about the product as a whole - but on the other hand, you will most likely then also get people complaining that either it's more than/not what they expected, or not the same as they were hoping for.

Another (silly) saying among some developers is that the only completely satisfied end-user can be yourself, since even what we call identical twins aren't 100% the same all the way through - as in each and every person in the world/universe will always have a slightly differing opinion regarding products, outcomes, reasons for things happening, the way they were carried out, etc. etc.

What it comes down to is, you need to make sure you're satisfied with the whole process, and the resulting product, etc., and then other people's opinions/take thereof will in fact be useful/of interest.

Anyway, I'll shut my mouth now, but, you get my drift...

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2011 9:09 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Mysteries of the Ancients Levels

Hi Jacob,

That's absolutely right. The problem is though that I have taken a lot
of personal heat and criticism over how I have managed this game
project so far. I took time out to rewrite/convert the engine from C#
to C++, I took some time to look at SFML and SDL for cross-platform
development, etc and all some people did is nothing but wine and
complain that the game isn't getting finished on their personal time
table. In fact, someone publicly balled me out on the USA Games list
around two weeks ago complaining about how frustrated he was that
neither Raceway or Mysteries of the Ancients was finished.

According to him I took over the games from James North in 2006 and
that was plenty enough time to have at least one of these games done
in 2008. Although, he didn't come out and say it he hinted around in a
round about way that I was goofing off and fooling around rather than
programming the games he paid for etc. That's a rather typical message
I get in my inbox all too often. So with that in mind you can hardly
blame me if I'm less than eager to rewrite a couple of levels and
expand the game itself knowing there is bound to be a few loons out
there accusing me of intentionally delaying the release, goofing off,
or whatever when in reality I'm busting my butt off to improve the
game for their benifit. Never mind the fact I didn't have to acquire
the rights to Raceway etc from James North in the first place. Doesn't
make me feel all that apreciated when they do that to me.

Cheers!