Hi Michael,

Michael wrote:

Just a short question about traps and items. What happened to such
things as the vanishing platforms to cross some traps instead of the
bridges
or bridges that only hold you for a time before breaking, and
something like the force fields or other timed traps in general?

My reply:

Well, to be honest when I started writing Mysteries of the Ancients I
was concerned about being too close to Montezuma's Revenge and cut or
excluded various things I didn't think worked well with the new game
and storyline.  That said, there has been some requests for things
like vanishing platforms, electric fields, etc so they may return at
some point. All depends on what traps I come up with for the game.