On Wed, Feb 09, 2011 at 08:15:41AM -0600, Charles Rivard wrote:
> However, one of the main tools to form that strategy is missing.
> Namely, vision.  Hence the very reason they are called video??
> games.

[My Reply:]

        On further thought, I've gone back over my memories of Soul
Blade/Caliber, Tekken3, and the like, and the manuals have fairly well
covered the menu structure.  More than enough to get to the practice
areas where you can practice moves and getting an immersion in the ways
each move sounds.  While I'd really miss the eye candy, and might not
have a clue what a particular maneuver looks like, it certainly seems
doable.

        I haven't a clue on how I'd go about playing something like Tomb
Raider, though.  A good 90% of what attracted me to the Tomb Raider
series was the panoramic scenery and stark panic, like when the T-Rex
pops it's big head around the cavern wall and comes barrelling down on
you like a locomotive.  Rewinds me why I didn't care for some aspects of
the game.  The unrealistic allocation of damage.  You'd think a T-Rex
would only have to bite you once for a game over, but nooooooo...the
game lets you get bitten 3 or 4 times before you're down for the count.
No missing limbs, no injury shock, no crippling effects...and it should
delete all your saved games the moment you die, making you start over
from scratch.

                                Michael

--
Linux User:     177869 # Powered By: Intel # http://rivensight.dyndns.org