Hi Michael,

Michael wrote:

Yeah, I loved that Nevada desert canyon scene.  You remember, the one
with the water at the bottom you'd always fall into, then have to swim
over to the only point where you could climb out.  I'm positive I spent
at least four days exploring that canyon, trying to reach every possible
point I could access, and having a blast doing it.

My reply:

Yeah, I remember it. Like I said in my prior post one reason I
personally liked the Tomb Raider games is the amount of personal
exploration. You could walk or swim around a level just looking at
stuff and it was great to watch. Plus since I'm a super history buff
something like Tomb Raider Last Revelation, with all the Egyptian
tombs, etc is some serious eye candy.

Michael wrote:

       I also loved showing off her moves, like the running jump with
the swan dive tuck and roll.  I jumped across that canyon alot doing
that.

My reply:

Oh, yeah. The variety of moves available in Tomb Raider are awesome.
In fact, after I get Mysteries of the Ancients released I've got plans
to go back, rewrite the game, and do a completely third-person 3d
version of the game with a lot of similar moves and large skale
exploration you'd see in a Tomb Raider game. Of course, I could always
save that for the next game in the series, but what I'm saying is I
have plans to borrow heavily from the Tomb Raider games in my next
major project. I can hardly wait to be able to play something like
Tomb Raider again.

Michael wrote:

that.  Anyway, I finally got Audio Quake working on Windows the other
day, and am busy trying to decypher all the sounds in the sucker.  Way
too much audio feedback all at once.  I figure sooner or later, I'll get
around to hacking the sounds to something more appropriate too make them
easier to differentiate. What do you think?

My reply:

Well, I'll tell you I don't really like Audioquake that much. The main
reason is although there was a serious attempt to make a first-person
game like Quake accessible the developers didn't do a very good job of
it in my opinion. There are other FPS games like Shades of Doom and
Sarah that have superior accessibility than Audio Quake. I'm pretty
good at both of those games, I can even get around Monkey Business
which has some accessibility issues, but Audio Quake just confuses the
heck out of me. So if we are going to start talking about FPS
accessibility for the blind Quake definitely is not the place to start
in my opinion.
However, as I mentioned a bit earlier I do have plans to begin
creating more complex accessible games such as a new version of
Mysteries of the Ancients designed more like Tomb Raider. In fact,
that is one of the main reasons I wrote my own game engine, Genesis
3D, is so I could  write more games like Tomb Raider, Quake, Doom,
Jedi Knight, Soldier of Fortune, you name it. However, my approach
will be completely different from Audio Quake and will borrow many
ideas from Sarah and Shades of Doom in terms of accessibility.
Hopefully it will be accessible enough so that the majority of VI
players can play it. Some VI players aren't quite use to playing that
style of game to the complexity I will be creating.

Cheers!