To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, February 11, 2011 2:59 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Converting Visual Content into Audio

Hi,

Well, here's the deal with those scrolls. It is a generic treasure or
item type. The only way I could actually have them say something would
be to completely rewrite a large part of the game and create a
specific scroll object for each and every different scroll in the
temple. Since I don't really want to do that they basically are just
treasure like the gold and gems. They really no longer had any purpose
once I removed arcade mode several betas back, and i didn't want to
rewrite everything to fix it. I will say though that after 1.0 is
released I have plans to completely revamp the game. To fix things
like the scrolls that is sort of just hanging with no real purpose
either way. However, I want to do it on my own time schedule and not
be pushed by the community for a 1.0 release as is the case now.

Tom... I'm not sure aow this could fit in, but it's a suggestion... I
too love any kind of extra little detail put into a game. Having said
that, some of those scrolls you pick up... I haven't found a purpose
in them yet. Could a few of those be for enemy types? I know a lot of
games have this... you'll stumble across a book or tome, and in it
you'll find information about the type of enemy. Description,
history... stuff like that. Wondering whether this could be possible?

-----
No virus found in this message.