Hi,

Right. A lot of the adventure systems have some ability to add sounds
and music. Adrift 4.0 allows you to add background ambience for rooms,
triggers for certain sounds when you enter a certain action command,
and it has graphical maps etc. As I recall Tads also allows you to
include sounds, music, and graphics so text games aren't just text any
more. Although, there is nothing barring a developer from going
straight text only, or combining the two for a more atmospheric game.