From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Charles Rivard
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2011 10:06 AM
To: Ken the Crazy; Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Thoughts on Community Projects

How would the addition of sound improve a text game's story line?  Whether
you hear a battle or read a description of it, it still happens, and aren't
we talking about a text? Game?

Shepherds are the best beasts!

On Mar 21, 2011, at 5:16 AM, "Ken the Crazy" <kenwdow...@neo.rr.com> wrote:

> Hey Tom,
> First, you say that acting would cost too much money--but I find that
there are a lot of ham actors on list.  I have heard many people claim to be
willing to do voice-overs.  Many of these same people are the ones that want
a community project, so why not let them shine?  The same can be said for
sound design.  I don't see having to pay much money for anything personally.
> A text game with audio sounds different.  I would be interested in that,
because it would have a better story line and everything--and you could, as
you said, do audio mainly for the ambience, with maybe some cut scenes
thrown in.

<thomasward1...@gmail.com>