Hi Dark,

Well, you are right that I started out with something like Piledriver
in mind, but since discussing it with the list it is clear people want
something more pro wrestling specific. However, I never planned on
necessarily making up your own wrestler from scratch. I was thinking
more along the ideas of selecting somebody like Hulk Hogan, Tito
Santana, Ricky Steamboat, and playing his career mode rather than some
anonymous dude. Plus now that I'm convinced guys like Jim Kichen want
this game to be self-voicing that pretty much cancels out the idea of
creating a fully custom wrestler from scratch. Something as simple as
a custom name can't be done unless I use MS Sapi, but I won't do that
for the simple fact I've decided to write it as cross-platform
independant as I can from the start using SDL and I guess prerecorded
speech for speech output. This obviously does go beyond Piledriver,
but that's ok for most people.

However, I myself have some misgivings about the direction the game
has taken. There is no doubt that a text only game would be
preferable. For one thing it would be much much easier to produce. For
another people with braille displays could play it including both
blind and deaf-blind players. It could be ported to Pacmates and other
notetakers. I think I will have to make some sort of decision about
this pretty soon as obviously guys like Jim Kitchen and I have some
differing opinions on the interface, and weather or not it should
self-voice or not. There are advantages and disadvantages with both
versions.

Cheers!