Only problem is, you have to have enough insults to make not so monotonous after a while. Otherwise, it gets to be the S O S, if you catch my drift.

---
Laughter is the best medicine, so look around, find a dose and take it to heart. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2011 10:52 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] the spirit of game production - Re: bringsbackmemories - Re: Fw: BlindSoftware.comBlog Feed

Hi Charles,

Hmmm...Good point. If the Chess set was anything like Wizard Chess I'd
definitely buy it. It would be funny to hear the Chessmen  insulting
the player like, "Hey, moron! If I go that way that night will jump on
me. Hey, idiot! Don't you see that black knight waiting to kill me?
Are you blind or something? Moron, that black queen over there is
going to kick my butt!"

Let's just say it would be lots of laughs. The cruder and more
insulting they are the funnier it would be. It never hurts to have a
bit of irony and sarcasm in a game.

For instance, my son likes to play Cripto the Super Dog. Funny thing
is every time you lose, die, etc the game has some witty sarcastic
remark to say about it. "Hey, some super dog you are. You can't even
jump right." Things like that are pretty funny the first couple times
you hear them.

How about the people that would not buy a straightforward, no nonsense chess
program because they already have one, but would immediately buy a chess
program that sports such features as giving sarcastic responses to your
mistakes and showing battles between the chessmen when there is a capture?
It's chess with different twists, sort of.

---