Hi Damien.

As I said, I stil am of the belief that if a game, albeit a simple one is good enough in it's overall quality, people will indeed buy it. look at q9, or more recently, pontes backgammon which was also created with bgt.

If someone had suggested selling an accessible board game using sapi I'd have said "what?" but pontes backgammon lets you play online against opponents, aside from the fact the game itself is complex and strategical enough to keep you busy.

pontes have put in the reasonable amount of sounds to balance out the gameplay, and a good quantity of review keys pluss computer opponents, leading to all in all a solid game.

Will it win any awards? probably not, but is it fun to play? heck yes! have people bought it? also yes!

As I said at the time, Acefire simply did not feature enough options in gameplay to be an interesting or long lasting game, despire the good quality sounds and music it had.

Had you gone the other way and developed a game with bags of gameplay but only cheap sounds, I think the story may have been different.

Look at Airik the clerric.

Synth voices for the acting (though that will be fixed), and often ropy sound, yet it's getting lots of attention and preorders, simply because of the highly intreaguing gameplay it has.

While I'd agree people's expectations have gone up, I'd not say the bar has gone up so far that something which is well enough put together as a game will not recieve either attention or sales.

Beware the grue!