Hi Jeremy,

Well, what you say makes sense. However, there is another angle I
think we, as accessible game developers, often overlook.

For instance, you are saying you pass over an idea because it has
already done before, or too similar to a game in existance. That's
true if we are looking at the wider community, but there is still
nitch markets for those games. I myself am using Linux and there
currently is nothing like Troopenum, Hunter, Judgment Day, etc
available. So I'd probably buy it if there was a version built for
Linux. It is the same case for Mac OS users who have left Windows for
Mac, and now are trying to find games for Mac that are accessible. No
its not financially as big a gold mine as Windows, I'm certainly not
saying that, but my point is just because a similar game has been
created before doesn't mean it isn't of value to someone. It just
means we as developers have to look at the big picture and see where
potential customers are.

For instance, over the past month I've put a lot of work into
upgrading my game engine so it runs on Windows and Linux, and I'm
pretty sure if I compiled a version for Mac it should run on Mac OS as
well. So if I chose to use my engine to create another Troopenum type
game I doubt I'd get many Windows sales, because its like something
they already have, but for Mac and Linux markets I'm sure I could make
a couple thousand or so in sales from those nitch markets alone. Its
simply the old case of supply and demand at work here again.