thats true jeremy.

And the way lifecycles are going, xp goes away, comes, back and then it does it again. I think though we can safely say that there probably won't be any major changes for a really long time, I mean we only just changed the interface in the vista/win7 system.
It looks like ms is going to stay with that moddel as it is maybe for a while.
And even if it changes its probably going to stay basically the same.
Directx9 has stabelised mostly, and this could be the next standard to aspire to for now anyway. Once xp is not used anymore by anyone we could move to higher directx versions, but then again they are always moving foreward.
At 04:11 a.m. 8/06/2011, you wrote:
If we all focused on what the next operating system will be, what the next popular devices will be, or what the next popular programming language will be, it would take 10 times longer to produce any games. I think there are enough examples of this exact thought process to prove my point. We do! need some people to be thinking that way, but you also need people who worry more about here and now.