Hi Ken,

With the ut most respect here let me say that I personally never
intended to be disrespectful to you, Geremy, or Jim over the issue of
what programming language you use.  However, I can't help but feel
that if you would head over to Book Share and grab a couple books on
Visual Basic .Net and learn  the language your games would be better
off for it in the long run. While I don't currently have the time to
write a game in VB .Net for demonstration purposes I could send you
books on the language if you were  interested in looking at VB .Net.
Besides that, you really should read a few books on .Net anyway,
because no single open source application can teach you all the ins
and outs of the .Net API. There are thousands of classes that wrap the
Win32 API  and to write anything you should probably have a decent
understanding of what libraries are available, what they do, and what
classes are available to you as a new .Net developer.  Handing you a
simple application like Chopper Patrol written in VB .Net will only
scratch the surface of what is available to you. Please, consider that
as constructive criticism rather than merely grinding your nose into
the fact VB 6 is old, outdated, etc.

As for myself I don't really care what you guys do any more. Since
I've pretty much replaced all my computers here at home with Linux
rather than  Windows what language you guys use doesn't effect me
personally. I'm working on getting all of the current Windows games I
have to work using Wine 1.3 for Linux, and if a Windows game won't run
on Wine I'm probably not going to play it or buy it.  As it happens
Wine works pretty decently with VB 6 applications and as long as that
is the case I can't complain too much about the games being written in
VB 6.

As for giving up and quitting that's definitely not the way to handle
the situation. Especially, if you like what you are doing personally.
People have complained about  some of the things I have done as well
like spending time writing MOTA and the G3D Engine in C# .Net and then
changing to C++ mid way through the development process.  Recently I
switched over to FMOD 4.34 for audio output and people are
complaining about the fact it doesn't sound like DirectSound. they may
have some valid points, but I no longer let their complaints bother
me. I'm doing what I'm doing for personal reasons, and people can
either like it or lump it. I'm moving towards a cross-platform design
so I can play my games on Ubuntu Linux, which I use 90% of the time,
and if FMOD doesn't pan exactly like Directsound that's just too bad
I'm not going back to Windows. So I do understand why and how you feel
upset about having your nose  being constantly ground into the fact
you are using VB 6 rather than VB .Net. Its not easy doing something
that goes against popular opinion.