Very good post, Willem.  As you said, the problem with VB6 isn't that
it's a bad programming language.  The problem is that people can't
play the games.

It doesn't matter that VB6 is a great platform.  It doesn't matter
that developers have dev tools and big libraries and tons of
experience with it.  It doesn't matter that the games are free.

What matters is that people can't play the games, and that every year
there will be fewer and fewer people who can play them.  Developers
have three options:

1) Do nothing and watch the number of players dwindle to zero;
2) Write emulators and/or libraries to allow the games to work on new platforms;
3) Change languages.

All the other arguments are irrelevant.

Dennis Towne
Alter Aeon MUD