If a future version of windows ends up being completely incompatible with VB6
applications, that's fine with me.  If people really do get cut off from their
favorite VB6 games, someone will just produce the windows X VB6 software
emulator, or something along those lines.  If there is a demand to play the
old, unsupported games, someone will always be there to make it work.  Sitting
here with my modern PC, I can play everything from old DOS games to my favorite
console games, all because people wanted to be able to play the classic games
on the new hardware.  I see no reason some future windows X would break this
tradition.