Hi Thomas and all,
I'm not sure what your angle is with putting down everyone that uses a different language than you do, but I think its time for a reality check man, caues I for one am sick of hearing it. In your latest post to Dark, you state that you use the language that you do because you have the skills and your not lazy. So the only thing to infer there is the rest of us are lazy and incompetent at least to some level compared to yourself. Indirectly, I can say the output of other developers using so called lazy programming, with their incompetent skills has produced an amazing body of work. Have you taken a look at what David Greenwood has put out in the past 10 years with his incompetent skills, inferior programming language and low level work ethic? A rhetorical question to be sure, but anyone that has kept up with accessible gaming the past ten years knows Greenwood has simply got it done with what he has, whether you think he has inferior tools and skills or not. The proof is in the pudding. As a second example, take a look at what Jeremy has done in just the past 2 months, it speaks for itself quite loudly. And speaking for myself, In the fall of 2005, I knew next to nothing about programming an accessible game, in 2007 I released a game that was as fully featured as any game out there and more featured than most, with a fully playable online mode, a track creator, mouse support, etc. that ended up winning Blind Bargains game of the year, for what thats worth. I don't mention that to blow my own horn, just to let you know I take grave offense at being passivly aggressivly labeled as a lazy programmer with inferior skills, using a toolset simply because I don't have either the determination or the intelligence to use the language you prefer. If we wanted to get down to a work ethic here, one could start picking apart the amount of time put into MOTA, which when you get down to it is a simple platform arcade game that an experienced programmer should have had out in far less than a year, cross platform or not. If that seems harsh, so be it, but I've just about had it with the jabs at the other developers on this list, and I know from talking to others that I'm not alone. Being moderator of this list and posting a great percentage of the words sent to this list does not give you license to insult the rest of us. So from a guy that has a lot of games out there that have both sold and are being played, why not knock it off man, cause I don't think anyone is buying the line that you are the top of the crop as a game developer here anymore. I respect you as a game developer, and I look forward to MOTA when its done, but working on a game for 4 years does not a judge of others make. For you guys on list that just want to read about games and are tired of this crap, I do apologize, but Thomas has been given several hints about people's annoyance at this attitude lately, and the shots across the bow don't seem to be registering, and the other developers on list shouldn't have to grit their teeth and take it.
  Very sincerely,
 Che