I have to agree with you Che.  When someone is told something over and over, by
different people, it's harder to believe excuses.  I don't want to get in to
any type of argument, myself, but I do feel like I should support Che, when I
happen to agree with him.  I see the same thing he is seeing.  When contrasting
yourself with someone else, terms you use to describe yourself, and how you do
things, implies that the other person does the opposite.  This is pretty
standard in the English language, so I don't think Che is reading too deep into
the things that were being said.

If 2 political candidates get up to talk about why they are better qualified
for a position, and one specifically states "I pay my taxes!", what is he
implying about the other guy?