Hi Tom.

this is true! world 8 is imho one of the hardest in the game, and in fact I found 9 and 10 much easier (though the final level is stil evil).

Though as I said in my low vision review castlevania is a game that has some good stuff low vision wise, lots of sfx, dark backgrounds that contrast well, (as well as bad stuff like bats that are similar coloured to the background), I can't see it being too accessible if you can't physically see the screen.

Remember, supercastlevania like Mega man, metroid and most snes games, is entirely analogue based (heck, in castlevania even your whip is analogue), therefore there is no sequence of moves you can for certain memorize to get through the game, eg, walk five steps right jump, listen for power up sound then whip etc.

Everything is moving relative to everything else and what you do and requires considderab judgement.

Myself, I'm waiting until Tom has time to play with the genesis 3D engine and make some analogue audio platformers in a similar style.

Beware the Grue!