Hi Tom.

I could be wrong, but I thought Dracula is pretty much public domain now so if you wanted him as an enemy you could have him, though i freely admit I may be wrong here.

Then again, no need to redo things and you could have lots of fun with an evil wizard instead, especially in terms of story sequences and maybe your hero gaining some magic powers, maybe even with extra characters thrown into the mix, eg, maybe the wizard has a right hand man who's out for power, or has disolutioned someone else into helping him.

There is also the possibility of using a real world historical figure as a basis, rather the way that Dracula was based on Vlad dracule the hungarian prince.

For instance, have paraselsus, or elifus levi, and say that they really did! discover the elexia of life, but that it involved undeath instead.

Beware the grue!

dark.