Hi Dark,

Oh, yes. Super Castle vania is definitely a good model or template for
an audio game for all the reasons you mentioned. As it happens i've
been working on a game concept loosely based on Super Castlevania for
that reason, and I think with the analog jumping, game controller
support, etc in the G3D Engine I might be able to pull it off.

Obviously, since this will be a commercial project and Nintendo is
insanely protective of their copyrights the final product isn't going
to be Super Castlevania exactly. I was sort of thinking of swopping
out say Dracula for an evil wizard or sorcerer who is the leader of a
vast army of evil monsters like beastmen, various skeletons, zombies,
dragons, and whatever else I can think up. However, the game play and
traps would be very similar to that in SCV with a different storyline
and characters.

And its not just Super Castlevania I have in mind. I've got an
Ideas.txt file on my computer that I've been working on for quite some
time which basically has a list of games I use to like playing in the
80's/90's and I've been slowly but surely coming up with alternative
game ideas that are in some way loosely based on a classic game but do
not violate any existing copyrights. I think that once I get MOTA out
the door and can focus on some of these games ideas I'm going to open
up a wider variety of classic gaming for a lot of VI users.

Cheers!