Hi Tom yes that is what I was talking about. hth. from Mich.
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2011 1:13 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] are there any blind games where people can go on quests and play with other players on line?

Hi Dark,

I think what Mich is talking about here is the newer real time roll
playing games for the PC and other game consoles where you have real
time movement etc much like an FPS game, but you can compete and play
out a number of quests online via a dedicated game server or play solo
on your game console.  Something like Star Wars Old Republic, for
example, is probably more like what Mich is talking about here.

In a game like Star Wars Old Republic you play the game as though it
were a third-person action shooter, but it is a roll playing game with
hundreds of quests or missions that can be played out solo or online
via a dedicated server. Like a text based rpg you can select a race,
job class, name of character, and home world to start off from, but
the style of game play is more like a third-person game all in real
time with audio, 3d graphics, and so on.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is that FPS games have evolved
away from games like Quake and Doom, and FPS and TPS style games, are
more like RPGs with hundreds of missions/quests, the custom character
creation, and the old text based RPGs like sryth can't hold a candle
to them. FPS games and your text based RPG games have all been rolled
into one thing these days.

HTH