tom I to like text games, especially if they can display in the command line natively, ie they are command line based games written to display in a dos like environment but are not actually dos games.
I have not as yet found a good dos emulator for windows.
and either have to use vertual focus or something like that.
Ok I could get a free dos reader like jaws or hal lite, but the fact there is no external synth or in fact any serial ports anymore on any of my wrigs makes that point mute as heck. Now if we could get some sort of dos screenreader or even a command line reader for windows which could read dos programs or something maybe have a dos shell which looks like dos but is actually a windows native command line program. Which has all the features of windows command line to the user but all games think its dos. Better yet if you could set games to run at a spaciffic speed for whatever then that would rock. Now the only ways I think I can do this is with either an external synth which I don't have and I don't even have the ports, linux with dosemu which is quite old or a dos computer. Its doubtfull I will ever get a native dos computer and since dosbox is totally crap for us I have the command line and maybe text languages. The only real pluss is that for some reason agt for dos any version will natively run for here. OFcause I don't get all the keys released to the terminal for example del, arrow keys back space and a few others. I wouldn't mind an emulator even if it was just crappy sapi, espeak or just supported nvda with the right viewing options.