Hi Dark,

Well, that's an attitude or opinion I just don't get myself. Why would
a text based game not promise any upgrades. Obviously, if the
developer is selling this as a product it only makes sense if he or
she upgrade the game from time to time with new content. Especially,
if there are possible expantion packs that can be purchased and
downloaded the way all the major paper and pen roll playing games are
done. The only difference here is instead of buying a hard cover or
paperback book you ar buying it in an electronic format.

Sure I can do the same in a web scripting language of my choice, but
there is no more promise I'll update that than the stand alone
version. I might write the initial game, charge for a subscription,
make my money and forget it after six months. I wouldn't do that of
course, but its just the principle of the fact there is no more
assurance I'd update one format more than the other. I guess it is
just this preconception or misconception that web based means more
upgrades than stand alone. Which isn't necessarily true.