Hi Dark,

Actually, Star Wars: The Old Republic and Star Wars: Knights of the
Old Republic are two separate games. Star Wars: The old Republic is
brand new and takes up the story about 300 years after Knights of the
Old Republic. However, I completely understand your point of losing
touch. I have myself in many ways lost touch with what's new simply
because I don't really have the cash to invest in a PS III or XBox and
all the games to go with them.

I agree with you though that something massive could be created in
text that somewhat compares to Star Wars: The Old Republic cause we've
seen games like Sryth  become massive quest based rpgs and its just
written in html and php script as I recall. You know I've been
thinking of something like this for a long time, but just not sure how
to pull it off since web programming isn't my forte. I know enough to
write web pages, write a few handy scripts, but I'm not sure I know
how to create a multiplayer rpg game like Sryth though.

I have, however, been thinking of something a little more practical.
I've been thinking of a commercial program, a rpg game, that uses Sapi
to speak the text aloud and uses XAudio or DirectSound to play sound
effectes. It would have menus to go north, south, east, or west, as
well as pull down menus for things like equipping armer, weapons, or
reviewing stats, etc. In a way I think it would be better than
html/php scripts as there could be hot keys, pull down menus, Sapi 5
output, and sound effects for various quests. Basically, think a text
based version of Entombed with quests instead of 25 levels in a
dungeon. In other words, Sryth meets Entombed. Not sure how well it
would do financially though.

Cheers!