Dark,

That's part of the reason I decided to keep AA as an online server
only, and don't release it in standalone form.  It's hard enough to
create good areas and updates, much less create a whole new existing
game and maintain packages of obsolete or buggy versions for a bunch
of different users.

I also think it's a lot more fair (and fun) for all the players to
immediately have access to the new stuff as it comes out, instead of
pulling a Microsoft and requiring everyone to purchase an incremental
update that isn't worth it.  The risk of buying something and having
it suck is just too great in my opinion.

Dennis Towne

Alter Aeon MUD
http://www.alteraeon.com