Hi Tom.

When my phd is finished, that's actually one of the things I think I'd considder learning to do, sinse it's something I've always wanted to see, and gamebooks are very popular at the moment.

I like the sapi program idea, though my concern is including and making it accessible to sited players, which would obviously involve readable text at least, and maybe one or two static images the way Sryth has, eg, a dropdown menue of directions, but with pointing arrow graphics.

As I said earlier, there is evidence that many people are playing gamebooks, text games like Sryth, muds (even those without a gui), asci graphic games like rogue and angband and of course net rpgs like Sryth.

that however would be my conern with a downloadable program, sinse it's not as immediate to other people as a mud or text game, but obviously this is a debate we've already had.

Beware the grue!