Hi Michael.

I must confess I disagree about sapi.

for reading stats and menues I don't see the problem myself. while cutscenes with full acting are always welcome, remember that if you use full acting that limits the game to what can be recorded.

for instance, suppose you had a scene at the beginning of the game in which the king says "welcome Gawane, we have not had a knight of your renown in this kingdom for many years"

There would be no way to change your characters' name, he must be called gawane and must be a he, sinse that's already recorded, also he must be a knight.

You could (if you had lots of time, and money to employ actors), create several alternatives, eg, merlin the wizard, Rath the ranger etc, but there would be a limit, pluss of course you'd then there would be the problem of rejiggering everything for characters of different genda.

You couldn't add another class to the game without having to rerecord anything.

In sapi though you can enter your own name, genda, include as many classes as you want etc, thus it is highly flexible.

while I love cutscenes, and human voices for dialogue, and perhaps some generic ones (written so as not to refer to characters), would be great in the game, I do think if we want the game to be flexible sapi is really the best alternative.

Beware the grue!