Hi Dark,

Exactly. That's one of the core problems with developing games.
Creating an arcade shooter like Space Invaders, Judgment Day,
Troopenum, etc is fairly simple to do and that's why there are so many
of that type available in the audio games community.  It doesn't
require much skill or eexperience to pull that type of game off.
Something like Elite Force and Elite Force II are full blown 3d FPS
games with a complex storyline, acting, and a degree of complexity
much harder to match. therefore someone only skilled in arcade
shoot-m-ups is going to find it more difficult to take on something
like Elite Force as its way out of his/her league.

You are also right about RPG games.  One way to simplify something
like an RPG game is to use Sapi like Entombed does, or to output
directly to text. I'm looking at creating an RPG engine that does
exactly that as I'd like to see more roll playing games and outputting
messages via Sapi is preferable to me than reading a web page to
locate text. Especially, considering the real time RPG games like Star
Wars: Old Republic is very hard to do in audio alone anyway.

Cheers!