I know what the navigator can do.
But the problem I have is of another kind.
It is a big place and if this was a mainstream game, there would probably a feature in it where I could look at a full map at any time and could use this to figure out that I have to go left instead of right, to go into a room where I need to take an item or drop one there. You can figure out where you can turn left or right, but without really not much of ingame info about where you ought to go first, you can wander aimlessly around, even if the navigator tells you where you can go and where you should not turn around.
That's what I meant.
And in some cases I would be told ingame that I had to go to room x to do something there. I have listened to an audio walkthrough of the game and played myself a while ago, but such kind of "navigation with premarked targets" or a location map is not directly available ingame as far as I personally know.