Hi Michael.

just a correction, we do have one real time zelda style rpg, at least in developement, the game Airik the clerric. I've not yet been able to play it sinse it's not compatibile with windows xp, but it does work on windows 7. The sounds are slightly temporary, but the gameplay is deffinately of the real time rpg style.

On a more general point, while you are right, it is also worth remembering that the more complex the game, the more trouble it is to make.

As Philip Bennifall shows in the example games for bgt, making a basic sterrio targiting type arcade game is comparatively easy, but making something like startrek ilete force or kings quest is another matter entirely.

one way to reduce the complexity is to make them as textual rpgs, or at least use sapi the way entombed does.

i'm fairly certain that sinse there are many fans of these sorts of games (including myself),k some of the more experienced devs will take up the challenge of building them, but sinse such a game requires a very compitant programmer we may have to wait.

I am however confident given the way audio games have been going recently that we'll see more rpgs soon.

Afterall, there was a time only a few years ago when stratogy games were extremely rare. now it seems we have several, and some like sound rts and castaways are extremely complex (in fact I am hoping that the sound mud project which jeanluc began before sound rts may be finished soon.

Beware the Grue!