Hi Dark,

Great description. Although, a slight correction. According to the
Castlevania manual those slime pits are actually suppose to be pools
of blood. I call them blood pools for short. Only they do look more
like slime than blood because Nintendo changed the color from red to
green in order to sell it to younger audiences in the USA and
elsewhere.

What they should have done, in my opinion, is release a version rated
T, for teen, and then a rated m version for mature audiences. After
all, i've played the Japanese version and it totally rocks. there is
lots of stuff they yanked out like the naked statues, turned the blood
green instead of red, and things like that to make it less offensive
to American audiences. I'd like to see an American version uncut and
unsensored.

Cheers!