Hi Michael,

Not sure what you are getting at here, but the Cereproc voices are
rather new, and I think their latest version of the Cereproc engine is
2.1.1. So obviously they have done some updating since they started
developing voices. How often or frequently they'll continue to update
is anyone's guess.

In general Cereproc is a Scottish company and they tend to focus on
U.K. voices. That is Scottish, Brittish English,Irish, etc. In fact,
they are the only ones who has a decent Irish voice, Kaitlin,  which
is a fairly decent voice which I own a copy of. They also have
American English, French, Spanish, Italian, and I believe German
voices available as well. The best way to see what is in their catalog
is to go to
http://www.cereproc.com
and see for yourself what they have available.

They offer two methods for using their voices. A developer can access
their Windows voices via the SAPI API or a developer can support them
directly through the Cereproc SDK. They also have Mac OS X voices
available for Mac users so it looks like Cereproc is now going
cross-platform with their voice engine as well.

As far as pricing goes they are a little on the expensive side. Last I
checked they want $41.99, $42 USD, per voice. That's a little more
expensive than the Cepstral voices, but not so expensive a person on a
fixed income like SSI couldn't afford them. Since they are a little
higher than I really want to pay that's why I don't own very many
Cereproc voices, but I don't have any complaints with them other than
they haven't yet upgraded to support 64-bit versions of Windows. For
me that would be a consideration in buying one of their voices now.

HTH