Hi Phil,

Un fortunately, that won't work. The 3d version is being developed in
tandem with the side-scroller version, and they both are using the
same engine, basically the same code, and I don't want to rewrite all
the menus, status messages, etc for one version and maintain the wav
files for the other primarily because I won't be able to share code
between the projects without reworking it every time I need to add
something to one or the other. So if I am going to convert the code to
use screen reader support I'll do it for both or not at all.

However, I do take your point that Heather does sound good for the
game. Its not very flexible and not exactly the best way to get speech
output, but it does sound decent. That's a good reason to hang on to
it, but I'll wait and see what others have to say before making a
final decision which way to swing with this.

HTH