Hi,

Right. I can definitely see how Jeremy's smaller games could have a
huge impact long term.

For example, Swamp---although fairly simple--already explores two
mainstream concepts in accessible form. Through Swamp many gamers are
finding out for the first time that using the mouse for input isn't a
bad thing if done correctly. This in turn may increase gamers desire
for more mouse controlled input. Something that has been around for
ages in mainstream gaming, but little explored by VI developers.

Then, there is the entire issue of online game play. This is another
issue only lightly explored by VI game developers, and is done well in
Swamp. All mainstream FPS games I've played for the last 15 years or
so generally had some kind of online death match mode that allowed
gamers to compete online against one another. Swamp nicely
demonstrates this concept in an accessible form. We could say Audio
Quake got there first, but it never seemed fully accessible the way
Swamp is. I can clearly see this concept going way beyond Swamp if
someone cares to look into this further.

So I do agree what Jeremy is doing is very helpful in its own way. I'm
just not sure other game developers have the skills or desire to
follow Jeremy's lead in this. We'll just have to wait and see.