No no, all this made sense, because I've had people who were thankfully patient enough to explain all this to me as a kid, so I pretty much have as much knowledge as it is possible to have without having scene it. I agree with you in that these games are both relatively simple, and that Final Fight and Double Dragon, while simple, did have a lot more. But even knowing all that I did, I just always went with calling those games 2d because even though you got to move up and down plains, the plains essentially were still from left to right. A cousin of mine once described it as picturing each plain as a horrizontal line, and when you moved up and down, rather than forward or backward you simply shifted from each line to another. Platformers, while not 3d as I usually would think of as 3d, had an extra direction of movement that walkalong beat em ups don't have. I guess having said that I would just like to see an audio beat em up that kept more in tradition with older games that focussed more on acrobatics and cool moves rather than lots of weapons. Games like Battle zone, for example, are fun, but they're fun half the time because of the weapons you have. You didn't get a machine gun in final fight or streets of rage to clear multiple enemies, you had to think and use the right moves in the right situations. Those games, while simple, proved to be a lot of fun... it was one of those simple but addicting types of games. I wish with all of me that I could experience a platformer like they used to be, which is why I'm glad tom is doing all that he's doing. But I also miss the days of coming home, firing up my Asian region snes and busting up mad gear gang members as Cody in Final Fight 3. They were simple games to play, but if you looked underneath it side scrolling beat em ups had some depth that made them incredibly fun to play. I have so many ideas in mind, yet don't have the time or the head to learn a programming language, otherwise I would create my own in my vision of what this kind of beat em up should look like in audio.