On 1/6/02 1:08 PM, "Geir Magnusson Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I would again try to get is to consider that we have a great chance to use a
> strong community to anchor a new project.  Jakarta can't grow forever.
>
> When do you decide to actually step up and try to make a change?  I hope
> it's *before* the outside perception of Jakarta changes from that of a place
> of high-quality projects with strong communities and colorful characters, to
> Apache Sourceforge for Java.

And I want to add something for the record, as I am frustrated and will try
(try!) to shut up :

This has nothing to do with the relative merits of POI.

I am sure, given the clarity of thought and debate from Andrew, as well as
the support from Stefano, that it will be a swell addition to the Jakarta
fold.

I was just using it as a platform for the topic I really want to discuss.

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
System and Software Consulting