At Wed, 03 Mar 2010 21:19:42 -0600,
Dale wrote:
> Now watch some geek find a really simple solution next week.  ;-)

I'm not very expirienced at gentoo development, but I just thought of (I
hope) a possible solution to this.

A circular dependency should always be caused by some USE flags (otherwise
it could never be satisfied). So if portage detects a circular dependency,
it could try first merging the circle without _any_ USE flags and in a
second sweep do the merges with the correct USE flags (so some packages get
merged twice in a run with circular dependencies).

Since this seems to be what would be done manually otherwise I think this
should work, but I'm just a noob, so no guarantees ;)

             Markus

--
Aoccdrnig to a threoy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod
are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer are in the