Hi,

Ingo Ruhnke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> couldn't even figure out how to move a directory up with type-ahead,
> '..' doesn't work.

Alt-Up brings you up one level in the folder hierarchy.

> My experience shows that I need a more, need to grab the mouse and
> whatever. The new dialog is really not much good for use with the
> keyboard.

I can only state once more that I rarely ever use the mouse in that
dialog. I use the mouse to change a file filter and I use it to
manipulate bookmarks, certainly not for navigating the file list.
I accept that it doesn't work for you but it is wrong to state
that the new dialog is not much good for use with the keyboard.

Sven