Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 16:28:54 -0700
   From: Brian Thomason <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

   >I'm the project lead for Gutenprint.  Can you describe for me more
   >specifically what you mean?  Why will it "fail as it is"?

   Because there are no values automatically filled in to the Left,
   Right, Left Border, Top, and Right Border fields.

Thanks for sending me the screenshot.

   >   Problem 2:
   >
   >   Consequently, as a result of problem 1, the preview pane is "distorted".
   >
   >   Changing the orientation, alignment, or any such settings solves the
   >   problem, but I am unable to achieve these same results by manually
   >   calling the various callback functions associated with these actions.  I
   >   either end up with a segfault, or simply nothing being changed.
   >
   >   Any help would be greatly appreciated.
   >
   >What are you trying to do here?

   I'm simply trying to have these values filled in by default, and
   have the image vertically aligned, by default.

   It would help if I had actually attached the image.  (doh!)

   Many thanks for the fast response.

I've never seen anything like this, with the dimension/positioning
boxes not filled in, even when using the Postscript driver without a
PPD file.  Which release of Gimp-Print are you using (4.2.7 is the
most recent, and last, 4.2 release)?  Are you using the unmodified
source code?  Can you supply a reproducible test case?

--Eric Crampton