Well the last drivers I downloaded was about three weeks ago so I think that
it may be too early too check, perhaps in a month or two and yes I did think
too that it could be an Nvidia driver problem and if a lot of users using
other graphic cards are not having the same problem that's more reason to

>> Von: "David G." <for...@gimpusers.com>
>> In another Gimp related issue, in mi new Windows Vista machine Gimp 2.6.7
>> crashes the graphic card driver a lot when I activate a selection markee.
>Nvidia has corrected the bug in at least some of their drivers, you might
want to check for updates. I think that it had been XP in the cases I've read
about, though.
>On a side note, I had a very hard time convincing users that this kind of
problem (display flickers when using a selection in GIMP with a very specific
Nvidia card, and others don't have the same problem) is something that should
be reported to Nvidia. They insisted that the problem has to be in GIMP...
>Don't be afraid to send reports about bug you've encountered to any company,
insitution, service, ... . If they never hear about it, they can't fix it.

David G. (via www.gimpusers.com)