You wrote on Mon, 08 Nov 1999:
>Would it still be a problem for you if only the menu entry itself is
>english, but the english menu is sorted under the corresponding german
>standard menu (see above for "Add Selection")?

Oh, it's not for me ;-)  I think about all the "only" users.  I use gimp in
english and are satisfied (so I am searching for ways to make my system

I think of it pragmatically:  If there are no two (or more) menus with the same
name (but in different languages) it is not really bad.  It is not nice though!
Think of it as a little gift just around the corner:  "The whole gimp is in
english.  I understand it but I would prefer german.  Oh, here in File are all
entries translated -- very good."

So what I wanna say:  All that makes two menus of the same manner disappear is
a bugfix.  The other things like improvement of the i18n-Code to make it
consistent and in toto able to translate all messages is the right thing todo
after 1.2!

Just my 0.2 Euro
Uwe Koloska

right now the web page is in german only
but this will change as time goes by ;-)